Become a Celebrity: Seven Reasons Writing a Book Will Help You Grow Your Business
As a business owner, developing your CelebrityExpert® status should be a critical marketing goal. When you are perceived as an expert, as the leading expert in your field, you have the ability to charge premium rates and still attract business. Your customers become more loyal than ever before – and more likely to recommend you to others.
One great way to develop your CelebrityExpert® status is by writing a book… not a novel or a memoir, but a book for your marketplace, providing practical insight and advice for readers. Here are seven reasons to consider doing so:
1) Writing a book provides instant credibility. Building the perception that you are leading expert is a critical goal, and writing a book is one of the best ways to get this done. It’s an unconscious assumption that the author of a book must be an expert… so take advantage!
2) Writing a book creates a natural story that you can market. Once you have written a book, you have endless opportunities to promote it. On the radio, on TV, at bookstores, at seminars… and the list goes on. And each of these opportunities represents a chance for you to talk about what you do and how you can help your customers.
3) Writing a book shows your target market that you understand their concerns. When you write a book that your audience can identify with, they can see that you truly understand where they are coming from. That makes them much more comfortable doing business with you.
4) Writing a book creates content that you can repurpose endlessly. Once you’ve written a book, you can re-use the content in a wide variety of platforms. Book chapters can become e-books or special reports. They can become blog entries, articles, speeches, and the list goes on.
5) Writing a book creates a great giveaway or incentive. Most businesses offer giveaways from time to time, for a variety of reasons. But instead of offering gift certificates or other prizes, how much better would it be to give away a book written by you?
6) Writing a book often opens the door to speaking opportunities. Speaking opportunities are a great source of new business – whether it’s a seminar, a networking event, a workshop, or whatever the case may be. But speaking gigs are hard to get – unless you’ve written a book! You’ll be amazed at how much easier it is to land a speaking event when you can call yourself an author.
7) Writing a book forces you to hone in on your marketing message and points of differentiation. Finally, the process of writing a book forces you to sharpen your focus and your message. It helps you to figure out what exactly makes you different from your competition, and it helps you figure out how best to articulate these differences. This alone is worth the effort!
Want to know more about how writing and publishing a book could grow your business? Contact us today to learn more!