Celebrity Branding Online: Five Keys to a Powerful Internet Presence
The internet is an incredible tool for small businesses. We have worked closely with dozens of business owners who have used the internet to leverage their personal brand and their expertise in order to create a powerful CelebrityExpert® brand.
And the good news is that today’s technology makes it easier than ever for a business to create an internet presence. But, while it may be easy to “get up and running”, there’s still a lot of work that goes into creating an appealing and engaging personal brand. Today, we’re going to look at five key components of a powerful online presence. How are you doing with each of these?
1) Create a branded, engaging website. It’s not enough for a business website today to simply contain a list of information and perhaps a phone number. An effective website must be engaging and compelling. That means understanding your target market enough to “hook” them – and it means creating a site that reflects your expertise and the brand you are creating.
2) Remember that it all comes back to providing value. “Value” is the magic word. If your website, your blogs, your articles, and your social media presence don’t provide value to your audience, they will be ignored. Use these platforms to share breaking news, analyze recent developments, and provide practical tips to your audience.
3) Leverage email marketing. Social media is one great way to engage your audience – but it only works when they’re online and using social media themselves. Email marketing, on the other hand, gives you the opportunity to consistently interact with your customers and your market as long as they are checking their email inbox. (And these days, who isn’t??) Remember to focus on providing value in order to keep your readers engaged.
4) Give away “freebies” in order to build your list. Your email marketing campaigns are a great way to stay top-of-mind with your customers and to keep your market aware of what you are offering. But if you don’t have any email addresses to send to, what does it matter? One of the most effective ways to build a targeted email list is by offering free content, such as e-books, special reports, video seminars, and so forth. Simply require that the user give you their email address in order to access the content. Promote these freebies on your website and through social media, and you will see your email list start to grow steadily.
5) Use pictures and video to tell your story. You know the saying – a picture is worth 1,000 words. And a video is even more powerful. The simple truth is that pictures and video are far more engaging than pages and pages of text. So embrace it! Create a video introducing yourself and welcoming people to your site. Share pictures and video of your team at work. Post pictures of your latest products. Take advantage of visual media to keep your audience engaged.
Questions or comments? Feel free to get in touch with me or any of the Agents at our Agency to learn more!