Celebrity Branding Online: Five Reasons Why Writing Blogs and Articles is a Winning Strategy
We’ve written about a variety of internet marketing tactics to help business owners build a powerful, credible CelebrityExpert® brand. Today, we’re going to examine one of them in greater depth—blog and article writing.
Many business owners are unsure of the idea when they first hear it. “I’m an accountant, not a writer!” is a response we hear often. In this article, we’re going to cover five specific reasons why writing blogs and articles is a valuable part of a successful online marketing strategy.
1) Search engines value new content. Every business owner wants their website to come up on the first page of Google for important search terms – and creating fresh, relevant content is a major factor in achieving top rankings. Blog entries and articles are a perfect tool for creating this content, and the search engine benefits alone make it more than worth your while!
2) Writing about your industry demonstrates your expert status. As we have discussed, consumers prefer to do business with an expert. They want to feel like they are working with the best. Writing knowledgeably about your area of practice is a great way to demonstrate this expertise.
3) Blogs and articles give your audience the opportunity to get to know you. One of the great challenges of marketing anything online is that you’re constantly fighting the skepticism and doubt of your audience. There have been so many scams perpetrated online that many people just won’t trust anything they find online. But writing blogs and articles is one way to break down this fear and inspire trust, as your writing gives your audience a chance to get to know you, your tone, and the way you think. It helps you become a “real person” in the mind of your audience, and it’s a great way to make a strong first impression.
4) Linking to your blogs and articles via social media is a great way to drive traffic. If your content provides value to your audience, sharing it on social media is a great way to bolster website traffic. When a social media follower sees the article and clicks on it, there’s a great chance that he or she will spend some time browsing your website after reading it – and that can often lead to new business!
5) Blogs and articles can often be repurposed into books, white papers, video scripts, and more. Finally, the content that you create for your blog and for your articles can be reused elsewhere. A series of blog entries may be converted into a book. A collection of articles could be converted into a special report or a white paper. This content can be used as part of a video script, or an email marketing campaign, or a direct mail campaign. The options are endless!
If you’d like to learn more about the advantages of content marketing, or if you’d like help getting started, please contact us today!