Celebrity Branding Online: Five Ways to Build Your Personal Brand on Facebook
For many people, Facebook is the platform that springs to mind when thinking about social media. Facebook is the dominant social media platform today, and many business owners have been able to leverage it in order to build their personal brand and grow their business.
But how, specifically, can you build your CelebrityExpert® brand using Facebook? Below are five key steps:
1) Design a well-branded business page. The visual appearance of your Facebook business page is very important, as in many cases it will be the first impression that potential customers have of your business. Use your logo and company colors, and ensure that the image you use as your “cover image” is professional, appealing, and well-branded. It’s also important that you think carefully about the written description you include. The content you use should convey your unique value and expertise to your clients in a clear and concise manner. If you need help with this process, let us know!
2) Post articles and blogs that you have written. Once your page has been built, regularly posting links to your blog entries and articles is a great way to build your brand and demonstrate your expertise. Writing content that is relevant to your audience is a great way of providing value to your market and it’s a great way to prove that you know what you are talking about. Hopefully, you are regularly writing blog entries and articles – and if so, leverage them by sharing them on Facebook!
3) Share relevant, valuable information for your audience. In addition to content that you have written, be on the lookout for valuable content from other sources. News articles that break down recent events in your industry, for example, are a great way to show that you’re on the cutting edge of developments in your market. In general, if you find content that will be helpful to your audience, posting it on Facebook further enhances your brand as a valuable resource.
4) Share photos and videos that reflect your celebrity status. A picture is worth a thousand words, and who knows how many words a video is worth! Take advantage of opportunities that make you “look like an expert.” For instance, if you’re delivering a speech, make sure to have someone on your team take a photo or a video. Sharing these types of media on Facebook will strength your CelebrityExpert® brand.
5) Engage your audience. Finally, don’t look at your marketing strategy on Facebook as a one-way conversation. Take the time to engage with your audience. Answer questions, thank them for sharing your content, and generally take an interest in what they’ve got to say. Facebook is a great platform for building relationships and earning trust, but it only happens if you’re willing to interact with your audience. So stay engaged!
Facebook is a powerful tool for building your personal brand and growing your business. If you’d like to learn more, contact us today!