Personal Branding: Six Reasons Why Social Media is Important for Your Business
Social media has become a significant element of many small businesses’ marketing strategy in recent years. Platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube in particular have proven very popular for businesses.
But if you’re still sitting on the sideline in regards to social media, today we’re going to give you six reasons to get involved.
1) Your customers are on social media. Social media is tremendously popular – in fact, if Facebook users represented a single country, that country would be the third largest in the world! If you market to consumers, they are on Facebook. If you market to businesses, you can find professionals on LinkedIn. Your customers are on social media – will you reach them?
2) Your competition is on social media. If the answer to the question we just asked is “no”, you can rest assured that your competition WILL be going after your customers. It’s extremely easy for a business to create a social media presence, and every day that you wait to do so puts you another day behind the competition.
3) Your website is outdated without social media. When a prospect visits your website these days, they are expecting to see links to your Facebook page, to your LinkedIn profile, to your YouTube videos, and so on. If they don’t see them, they’re going to wonder why you aren’t on social media. This sends the message that you are behind the times, and that is never a good message to send.
4) Your marketing budget goes further on social media. Unlike many forms of advertising, you can use social media to reach a huge audience without spending a time. Many business owners do choose to invest in paid advertisements, but even these paid campaigns can be run with a very low investment.
5) You can have fun on social media. Social media doesn’t have to be boring, and it doesn’t have to be “just one more thing” that you have to do. You can have fun with your social media presence. You can tell jokes, share stories, and interact with your audience. You can use social media to stay up to date with all of the latest industry trends… and the latest TV shows. You can have fun on social media and grow your business at the same time. What’s better than that?
6) You can have help on social media if you don’t have the time. Finally, if you’re simply too busy to get involved… you don’t have to! You can assign an employee to create and maintain your social media presence, or you can get some help from your kids. If you desire the expertise of a professional social media marketing agency, we can help. Whatever you choose, the bottom line is that you don’t have to do it all by yourself!
Social media is an incredible marketing tool for businesses. If you’re not engaged, it’s time to change that. Contact us today if you’d like some help with this process!