Celebrity Branding 101: Five Steps to a Stronger Personal Brand
A strong personal brand is critical for the success of your business. Specifically, a personal brand that positions you as a leading expert within your marketplace will make it easier to attract and retain clients, and make it possible to charge premium rates and still win the business.
How do you go about creating such a powerful brand? It takes time, and it takes a strategic approach. Below are five steps you can take to build an effective personal brand.
1) Create a business card that sets you apart from the crowd. Your business goes a long way towards creating the first impression that people have of you – particularly in a setting that doesn’t allow for an extended conversation. It’s worth investing into the design and creation of a business card that stands out from the crowd. A great business card makes you memorable and often “hooks” your audience into wanting to know more about you.
2) Demonstrate your expertise by publishing a book. Our society holds authors in high esteem – we simply assume that they must know what they are talking about if they published a book. So take advantage – publish a book on your industry and watch your credibility soar. Writing and publishing a book may sound like an impossibly difficult task, but it’s not. Contact us today to learn more!
3) Get involved in community service. Another great way to raise your profile and do good at the same time is by getting involved in community service. Whether it’s supporting a local charity, assisting in a clean-up day in your town, or pursuing a larger scale cause like cancer research, getting involved in a cause is a great way to build relationships and to let people see what you’re passionate about.
4) Look for opportunities to speak. Speaking in public provides instant credibility. Most people are terrified by the idea of public speaking, and doing so earns instant credibility and respect. Look for opportunities to speak to networking groups, organizations, seminars, or anywhere else your target market gathers. Focus your speeches on providing valuable tips and information to your market.
5) Dress the part. Finally, it’s important to understand that your visual appearance plays an important role in defining your personal brand. Take some time to think about your appearance. For instance, if your brand is “Mr. High Powered Lawyer”, you may want to wear a well-tailored suit every day of the week. On the other hand, if you’re a laid-back, relaxed retirement planner, your wardrobe should be very different. Whatever your “look” may be, it’s important that you consistently dress the part. Over time, what you wear goes a long way towards shaping your perception, so take it seriously.
An effective personal brand is a powerful asset for any business. These five tips will help you get started in the right direction, but please contact us today if you’d like to learn more, or if you’d like some help along the way!